I think we can all appreciate just how the aviation and travel industry was impacted in 2020 and still is today (at the time of writing in February 2021)
Good news stories were hard to come by and we weren’t expecting to hear one which specifically put the PMO at the centre.
We had the opportunity to hear that story from Virgin Atlantic’s VP of Transformation and Head of ePMO.
Called the Art of the Possible, the PMO was all set with a kickoff event in January 2020 with the aim to support the organisation’s ambitious plans, to do that they “needed real, rapid and reimagined organisational transformation, not only to the way we think about and plan but how we deliver change”
This was the dream:
- imagine being able to see all of your demand in one place
- ranked by ease of implementation (RIICE) and
- the value to your organisation (BVI)
- that can be directly linked to bottom-line impacting KPIs
- with benefits that are traceable
- that everyone is aligned to what you are doing
- and understands the context of why
Then the pandemic hit.
Find out what happened and how they made it possible.To read the rest of the article, please head over to House of PMO. All online content available with an Online Membership
PMO Flashmob Has Moved Membership Options. Not a member? Join Us