This video is 53 minutes long and takes a look at the role of the PMO in facilitating learning through the process that has become knows as “lessons learnt”
The PMO Mini-Masterclass took place near London’s Regent Street, at 8works. 8works Consulting is a niche management consultancy specialising in accelerating organisations’ transformation initiatives through collaboration.
The aim of the session was:
We focused on the role of the PMO in collecting lessons learnt – facilitation – and the role the PMO should play in taking action to ensure lessons really are learnt.
This session went beyond the mere act of collecting lessons and sticking them in a database – this was about the proactive role that the PMO can take in ensuring learning takes place in the project organisation. We often talk about the PMO ‘adding value’ to the organisation – providing a great service here will do just that.
The evening session included:
- Understanding what lessons learnt are and why they are important
- Interactive sessions on facilitating and collection skills
- Understanding why we don’t learn from lessons
- Interactive session on what PMO can do with lessons recorded to turn them into lessons learnt
- Further practical advice on what the PMO can do within the lessons learnt service area.
The Mini-Masterclass includes access to the video of the presentation, the presentation slides and other outputs from the interactive sessions.
You might also be interested in: