Coaching has often been identified as a key skill for PMO professionals. It’s long been mentioned in job advertisements as “coaching and mentoring skills” and more recently with the PMO supporting Agile delivery approaches, the term ‘coaching’ is heard more frequently.
What does that actually mean? Coaching is surrounded in misconceptions and in this session, we’ll be debunking some myths whilst we focus on developing your ability to be a valued partner to the business and to the people your PMO supports.
The session takes place on Thursday 20th September at the London Clearing House (LCH) which can be found in Aldgate High Street, Central London. The event starts at 6pm for 6.30pm.
We’re joined by Bekka Prideaux who, not only is an executive & leadership coach, she’s experienced in project management and more importantly, gets PMO (take a look at her profile below)
Bekka will be taking us through the fundamentals starting with;
- What is coaching & why that is relevant to a PMO professional.
- The spectrum of coaching – what’s included, what each is.
- Understanding where on the spectrum you need to be depending on where you are in your career, how mature your organisations PMO is and the skills/awareness/experience of the person you are working with when it comes to PMO.
- Understanding and access to a variety of coaching skills and tools which can be used by the PMO.
The event will also include interactive sessions so you can pick up something you can use right away back at work.
At the end of the session, you’ll have an understanding of how coaching skills can build your position as a valued partner to the business, wherever you are in your current career.
This session is an ideal way to start exploring coaching as a PMO skill area and find out more about how this can be developed further.
Where and When Does it Take Place?
The session takes place on Thursday 20th September at the London Clearing House (LCH):
Aldgate House, Aldgate High Street, London EC3N 1EA
The event starts at 6pm for 6.30pm. The main session concludes at 8pm with further networking taking place in a local bar.
Tickets are £36 (£30+VAT) and if you would like to book then please follow the link below:Book Your Place
- Executive and Leadership Coach
- Organisational Effectiveness Expert
- Project Manager who has worked with some fantastic PMO’s
- Developed the Project Management Capability at Cadbury Schweppes. Introduced robust Project Management to the Science and Technology Function increasing project delivery & innovation rates.
- Developed Leaders and Managers Coaching Capability and ran the Global Coaching Programme for Cadbury Schweppes
- You can connect to Bekka on Linkedin here